The reason for this blog is simple... I'm presently writing a book to motivat folks needing to lose between 50-100lbs. I'm asking anyone that would like to contribute their success story to please comment on my blog and if you'd like, email me your story wth photos to losing100lbs@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Start of Blog - My Situation

I've never had a "chisseled"body but I've always thought of myself as having an average body type. By 39 (currently 41) I was at 245lbs. but I carried it well (or so I thought) and felt okay with my weight.

In early 2008 my life and health began unraveling. I began seeing the symptoms of sleep apnea (exhausted all the time and only thought about sleeping). I developed severe acid reflux and on top of all of this, I had a cough that would not stop (no I don't smoke).

All I can say is fast forward to Christmas 2008 and I was at 316lbs. MISERABLE! Not only did my physical condidition deteriorate, but my mental state suffered as well.

Well, I realized I could either go in the path I was on and die or I could try to do something about it. So far I've lost about 31lbs. but I'm not stopping here. I PROMISED my daughter I'd be at 200lbs. by May 2011.

What does this have to do with a weigh loss success story? Well, I've found that by seeing sites with photos showing regular evey day folks who have lost large amounts of weight really motivates me.

I hope you'll share your stories and photos with me.

Please send me mail to losing100lbs@gmail.com.

I'd love to post your story and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you find to be the hardest roadblock in your diet/exercise plan: